Establish the client requirements and preferences, assess user needs and options, appointment of necessary consultant, establish the project brief including project objectives, priorities, constraints, assumptions, aspiration and strategies.
- Assist in developing a clear project brief
- Advise on procurement policy for the project
- Advise on other consultants and services required
- Define the consultant’s scope of work and services
- Conclude the terms of the agreement with the client
- Advise on economic factors affecting the project
- Advise on appropriate financial design criteria
- Provide necessary information within the agreed scope of the project to the other consultants
Construction Project Concept & Viability
Prepare and finalise the project concept in accordance with the brief including the scope, scale, character, form, function and preliminary programme and viability of the project.
- Agree the documentation programme with the principal consultant and other consultants
- Review and evaluate design concepts and advise on viability in conjunction with the other consultants
- Received relevant data and cost estimates from other consultants
- Prepare preliminary and elements or equivalent estimates of construction costs
- Assist the client in preparing a financial viability report
- Audit space allocation against the initial brief
- Liaise, co-operate and provide necessary information to the client, principal consultant and other consultants.
Design Development & Construction Costs Estimation
Develop the approved concept to finalise the design, outline specifications, cost plan, financial viability and programme for the project.
- Review the documentation programme with the principal consultant and other consultants
- Review and evaluate design and outline specifications and exercise cost control in conjunction with the other consultants
- Receive relevant data and cost estimates from the other consultants
- Value Engineering; Prepare detailed estimates of construction costs
- Assist the client in reviewing the financial viability report
- Comment on space and accommodation allowances and prepare an area schedule
- Liaise, co-operate and provide necessary information to the client, principal consultant and other consultants
Construction Documentation & Procurement
Prepare the construction and procurement documentation, confirm and implement the procurement strategies and procedures for effective and timeous procurement of necessary resources for the execution of the project.
- Assist the principal consultant in the formulation of the procurement strategy for contractors, subcontractors and suppliers
- Review working drawings for compliance with the approved budget of construction costs and/or financial viability
- Prepare documentation for both principal and subcontract procurement
- Assist the principal consultant with calling of tenders and/or negotiation of prices
- Assist with financial evaluation of tenders
- Assist with preparation of contract documentation for signature
Construction/Infrastructure Development Underway
Manage, administer and monitor the contracts and processes, including the preparation and co-ordination of the procedures and document to facilitate practical completion of the works.
- Prepare schedules of predicted cash flow
- Prepare pro-active estimates for proposed variations for client decision-making
- Attend regular site, technical and progress meetings
- Adjudicate and resolve financial claims by the contractor(s)
- Assist in the resolution of contractual claims by the contractor(s)
- Establish and maintain a financial control system
- Prepare valuations for payment certificates to be issued by principal agent
- Prepare final account(s) for the works on a progressive basis
Post-Construction Cost Management
Fulfill and complete the project close-out including the preparation of the necessary documentation to facilitate effective completion, handover and operation of the project.
- Prepare valuations for payment certificates to be issued by the principal agent
- Conclude final account(s)